Compaction Equipment – Rollers
There is a wide range of Rollers suitable for every compaction requirement, the following listing summarises the main component functions of Rollers:-
- Compaction method – Vibratory or Static
- Operation – Towed or Self Propelled/Ride on or Pedestrian/ Walk Behind
- Type – Smooth Drum or Pad/ Sheepsfoot or Rubber Tyred
- Drive – Single or Tandem (Including 3 Point Rollers)
- Weight – range from a two tonne Pedestrian Roller up to a 36 tonne multi-tyred roller. The type of roller used depends on the material and the size of job.