Kingston Plant Hire has been a leader in the earthmoving industry for over 50 years. Our success is based on a simple commitment to develop and maintain lasting relationships with our clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
Started as a road contracting and civil engineering business by Bill White and Phil Knight in 1958, the company was originally known as Kingston Pty Ltd.
At the time, Kingston had just one road crew and limited machinery, but quickly established a reputation of delivering excellence in the civil industry.
Kingston’s fleet of plant soon grew to over 100 and included the largest fleet of Heavy Haulage transporters in Victoria, but as demand for plant became greater than Kingston’s own fleet could support, it commenced its Plant Hire agency in 1963 under the trading name Construction Machinery Pool (CMP).
Fast forward to 1985 and as demand in the market changed, CMP saw an opportunity to develop into a specialist plant hire agency offering a wide-range of services and equipment to the earthmoving industry – its name: Kingston Plant Hire.
Since then, we’ve never looked back. Diversifying our company to a point where we can offer a complete earthmoving package from start to finish, including Traffic Control, Site Management, Environmental Services, Contract Cartage and Material Deployment.
Kingston remains a family run business to this day, with Bill White’s son Neil currently the General Manager.